Top Five stores for knitwear

Top Five stores for knitwear
It's that time of year
This time of year is literally my all time favourite! early darkness, candles and fire lit, cinnamon scents, fallen leaves, onesies for the night and chunky knits for the day. I get super excited when it's coming close to Autumn / Winter as I cannot wait to scour the shops and look for some beautiful seasonal pieces to keep me super cosy and warm throughout the frosty days. I just love how easy to wear they are, and they go with absolutely everything. Throw on a chunky knit with a pair of jeans, or a skirt and thick tights, add some winter boots and your ready to go.

This season also means berry and golden shades! I am a massive fan of deep shades, and I always reach for the darker reds, berries and mustards as I feel the colours really set the scene, especially against all the fallen leaves. They just make for gorgeous photos.
ASOS
For years now, ASOS has always been that go to online store for me, always having exactly what I have been looking for, and not only does it house various brands, both luxury and high street, it also has some beautiful pieces from its own brand. They always seem to be so on point with seasonal trends, having some wonderful dupes of high end fashion, unique detailing and patterns. I have always found that the knitwear from their own brand is definitely value for money, and it lasts. It is one of those stores that has something for everyone.
I have chosen four of my favourite pieces from their website, which look super comfortable and are all super affordable. You can see from the pictures that they provide some on trend colours, styles and unique detailing. Especially the crop top with the scalloped edging and high neck, with the black stripe. I think this is one of my favourite pieces out of the four, and it just looks so delicate and feminine.
Newlook
Whenever the weather starts to get colder I always find myself venturing into Newlook because I know I was definitely see something I want. Not only that, their pieces are so affordable without compromising on the quality. I find that they do make the cutest crop style knitwear, which work so well with high waisted bottoms or for under dungarees.
They too have some really unique pieces with different textures, materials, lengths and detailing that set them apart from some other retailers. Most of their knitwear, although inexpensive, have a high end fashion feel to them, following the colour trends and patterns. These are two of my favourite pieces from Newlook at the moment, which are a little different to the usual, cowl neck and chunky material. The checked pattern of the first one gives a classy edgy feel, while the bardot is super sweet, yet slouchy.
Boohoo
Well it should come as no surprise that Boohoo would make an appearance in a post thats fashion related. This online store has always been my one stop shop when I go on a shopping spree. Just like Newlook, their inexpensive prices don't compromise their quality and for me they always have a little something extra that I never see in some other stores, something that makes you go, I wouldn't have thought it was Boohoo where you got that from. 9 times out of 10, people always compliment me on anything I have worn from Boohoo.
I am totally loving capes this season. They are such a statement piece of knitwear, that can be thrown over anything and it will just go. I have always been a fan of them and just find they are so different to the usual jumpers and cardigans that we pair our outfits with, and they are so easy to style up. Cinch them in with a belt, thick or thin or wear them open and flowing to show off their details. It has been all the rave for the past few month now, and the choker has made its way to knitwear! I love this style because although knitwear can be overpowering and for comfort, there is something sexy about this piece, and this added detail.
Topshop
Topshop has always been that store that I go to whenever I want something slightly different and away from my comfort zone. I typically go for black, beiges, deep reds and browns when it comes to my knitwear, and I also go for the standard cardigan or a chunky roll neck jumper. For the time I decided, right step away from the norm and try something different and I know Topshop, will have something quirky, expensive looking and knitwear with beautiful textures.

As always, they are on trend with the shapes and fits of knitwear as they come into season, and this year there seems to be a large focus on oversized and frills. So I have picked out a few of my favourites from the store to show you the types of styles that they have to offer. They have such a vast range of colours, shapes, detailing and textures that there is definitely something for everybodies taste.
Missguided
Missguided have taken a different route on their knitwear this year and gone for the "hole" style. A new trend that is hitting the styles is the distressed look. We have seen it in the paste with denim, trousers and shorts but it seems to have moved onto knitwear. Sections of knit missing and not only are they taking this trend to the jumpers, they have it on the knitwear dresses too.
At first I wasn't too sure about this trend, but I really think it gives an edge to knitwear, making it cool and this seasons statement piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED

@squireforbeauty