June Favourites

My June favourites
Some all time favourites
It's that time of month again where I show you all what I have been loving over the previous month and I am pretty sure I will be loving these for the next coming months too! There seems to be quite a few repeated brands in this June favourites, but I have found myself reaching for the same products over and over again. I have really been trying to broaden my beauty choices and start trying some new products and throughout June, I feel I have gotten to try out some brand new products that I just needed to tell you all about.


In the photos...
Maybelline | Master V-Shape Contour
Benefit | Hoola Bronzer
Benefit | They're Real Mascara
The Body Shop | Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream
Benefit | Gimme Brow
Ugg | Espedrilles
Maybelline | Colour Tattoo Shadow in Pink Gold
Maybelline | Master Ink Satin Eye Liner
It's all about the contour
When I saw the advert for this amazing Maybelline V-shape contour duo, I knew I had to try it out. I have been dabbling in contouring now for the past year and really feel that it's become part of my every day makeup routine. Over the past year I have been using a powder based product from BarryM, and although I find for the price that it is absolutely brilliant, I really wanted to try a new type of formula. I also liked the fact that it's super handy and can fit into your handbag, so you can top your contour and highlight up on the go.
The formula is really lovely. I picked it up in the shade medium and although it looked quite dark in the packaging, the colour is actually perfect. I am quite pale, and it really works for me. The darker tone is more ashy which is perfect as it doesn't look orange on your face, and the highlight is really lovely and has a tiny hint of shimmer to it. Both are equally blend-able and I tend to apply it from the product and then use a Real Techniques contour brush to blend it in. Definitely one for you all to try out if you haven't already.

The Ugg Espadrilles are literally the comfiest flat I have worn in a long time, the colour is timeless and I have literally not taken these off since I purchased them.
There has always been this rave about Maybelline's colour tattoo shadows, and while I was having a browse through Boots' makeup counters I came across this beautiful pink-gold shade. I always go for subtle colours on my eyes, especially as I don't wear shadow that often but when I do I like something quite sheer that can be worn both day and night. I fell in love with this shadow straight away. It definitly holds up to its name of 24hr stay, because it just doesn't budge. I find it so easy to work with, and these are super pigmented, so you don't need to apply that much onto your lid for some good colour pay off. I really like the fact that it's a cream shadow, and although I haven't used a formula like this before, I have really enjoyed it. I think I will be investing into some other shades, and seeing how easy these products can be combined onto the lid.

This moisturiser has been my holy grail over these past few weeks! I have been using the same Regen one for over a year now and I think my skin was becoming use to it. I suffer with super dry skin so I really needed a product that could sink into my skin and give it the boost it needed. This Body Shop one has been working wonders, it's a super thick formula so a lot really does go along way, and although gel based, it doesn't leave your skin feeling sticky or clogged as I know some thicker moisturisers can make your skin feel that way.
A Benefit obsession
Benefits Hoola bronzer had me at hello! Ever since I have started using this product I have really enjoyed bronzing. I have always been quite scared of bronzing my face because there is nothing more unsightly than someone who has over bronzed with an orange shade and look ridiculous, and for me I would rather just avoid that mishap. That being said, because the colour of this bronzer isn't orange toned at all, I have really enjoying using it and it has been so easy to build upon. I also love the little nifty brush that comes with it, again this is perfect to use on the go.

I seemed to have found a new love in Benefit. I must admit this has been the first time I have used their products, and as well as the bronzer, I have been such a fan of their They're Real mascara. It really does lengthen my lashes and the end spokes help to reach those little lashes in the corner of my eye without blobbing the side of my nose. From first use, I must admit I wasn't a fan because I like my lashes to look full and this mascara didn't really do that, but over the time I have been using it I have really grown to love it.

My brow game has never been stronger since using the Gimme Brow, it has just made my morning routine so much quicker and the little brush really helps to grab all those little brow hairs and give them some colour.

Last but not least, can someone please tell me why I have never used a liquid liner before? I have been such a fan of this Maybelline liner that I have been telling all my friends that line their eyes to go and purchase it. It has been so easy to line my eyes with this, the applicator is super small and thin for precision and it literally doesn't budge all day. Even though it doesnt budge, it is really easy to take off with some eye wipes, so you don't really need to rub at your eyes to get the product off.

So that is everything that I was loving in June, let me know if you have tried any of these products or any that you would recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM FEED

@squireforbeauty